The P-6 class is a motor torpedo boat of Soviet origin. It was developed in the early 1950's to complement the older and smaller P-4 class.
These motor torpedo boats were used in large numbers from shore bases and were intended to intercept incoming enemy frigates and destroyers.
The P-6 class was widely used by Soviet forces during the early decades of the Cold War but is obsolete nowadays. The hull of the P-6 class was later used in the Komar class which carried anti-ship missiles instead of torpedoes.